COVID-19 has paused the life of every human being on earth and affected global development at large. Whereas the world is under lockdown the progress of development is halted. On account of this, the High-Level Youth Summit will take place during the week of the 75th UN General Assembly under the theme ‘Youth Empowerment for Sustainable Development’. The conference will shed light on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and youth relevant themes. Youth, field experts and high-level speakers will come together to discuss youth issues and drive youth action towards the achievement of SDGs while the world is going through a historic pandemic.
The objectives of the conference are:
- To provide an international platform to youth to develop and engage in participatory development of the world
- To support the UN achieve its Sustainable Development Goals through youth engagement
- To empower gender and youth equality and inclusion in decision making, policy making, and development at all levels (communal, local, institutional, national, and international)
- To brainstorm implementation of the Youth Climate Compact
- To chalk out innovative ideas for development
- To foster youth advancement through digital innovation and tools
- To steer thinking and aspiration towards social developmental solutions provision
- Youth interaction with decision makers and diplomats.
High-Level Youth Summit will also formulate a policy and action recommendation/document/manual for youth on how to act under ‘world at pause’ conditions, how to find relevant opportunities, combat depression and come out of it a victor.