The International Youth Conference (IYC) is a global platform for youth from all over the world to hold dialogues on themes of relevance to the youth to achieve the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and participate in participatory development. The conference aims to create a truly democratic platform for youth enabling their interaction without borders and boundaries, discussing issues that directly impact them and brainstorming solutions, ensuring their inclusion and contribution in policy making.
Every edition of the conference will revolve around a current theme of global importance and will address challenges and discuss opportunities around it.
Principle Goals of International Youth Conference:
- IYC is an international youth platform for youth to develop and engage in participatory development of the world
- IYC also seeks youth to help the UN achieve its Sustainable Development Goals.
- IYC seeks to empower gender and youth equality and inclusion in decision making, policy making and development at all levels (communal, local, institutional, national, and international)
- IYC actively seeks the implementation of the Youth Climate Compact
- IYC to brainstorm innovative ideas for development
- IYC seeks to empower youth for advancement towards digital innovation
- IYC is aspiring social developmental solutions provide
International Youth Conference 2020
COVID-19 has paused the life of every human being on earth and affected global development at large. Whereas the world is under lockdown the progress of development is halted. On account of this, the International Youth Conference 2020 (IYC 2020) will take place under the theme ‘Regeneration: Moving forward with Development’. The conference will shed light on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and youth relevant themes. Youth and field experts will come together to discuss youth issues and drive youth action towards the achievement of SDGs while the world is at pause.
The objectives of the conference are:
- To provide an international platform to youth to develop and engage in participatory development of the world
- To support the UN achieve its Sustainable Development Goals through youth engagement
- To empower gender and youth equality and inclusion in decision making, policy making, and development at all levels (communal, local, institutional, national, and international)
- To brainstorm implementation of the Youth Climate Compact
- To chalk out innovative ideas for development
- To foster youth advancement through digital innovation and tools
- To steer thinking and aspiration towards social developmental solutions provision
IYC 2020 will also formulate a policy and action recommendation/document/manual for youth on how to act under ‘world at pause’ conditions, how to find relevant opportunities, combat depression and come out of it a victor.
The conference is truly global with organizers and speakers from all continents and is open to anyone identifying as youth as per the UN definition.
Day 1 | Saturday 30, May 2020
Day 2 | Saturday 31, May 2020
IYC 2020 will take place via digital platforms
May 30 -31 2020
Conference registrations is Close. Visit this page regularly for updates, conference agenda/program, and information on speakers.